Weight Management Products
Many people struggle with managing an ideal weight, but there are strategies to make this an enjoyable journey. Understanding how your body works and how it gains weight in the first place is the first step. Once you have learned the basics, you will be able to set realistic goals, motivate yourself and make healthy lifestyle choices. As a general rule, weight loss is triggered ...Read more by an imbalance between your calorie intake and the number of calories your body burns. It is not always as simple as this though. Body weight is determined by a number of other factors e.g. genetic factors, medical disorders, medication, inactivity, yo-yo dieting, stress, hormonal imbalances and poor eating habits.
More important for health is to watch your daily intake of saturated fats, sugars and salt. These may interfere with your weight management plan as well as increase the risk of health conditions such as diabetes and heart conditions. Make sure you eat the right type of carbohydrates and ensure you are getting enough protein in your diet. Exercise is of course vital for good weight management. Try to do some form of exercise every day. You are aiming for any exercise which raises your heart rate.
Here’s some weight management hints and tips:
- Choose low-glycaemic index foods: Diets that emphasise choosing foods with a low glycaemic index, such as vegetables and whole grains, have been shown to help control appetite in some studies. If you want to know more about low-glycaemic diets a low GI book is a great way to start.
- Fibre: Fibre adds bulk to the diet and tends to produce a sense of fullness, helping people eat fewer calories.
- Protein: Try adding a bit more high protein to your diet. Some research suggests that the effectiveness of high protein and low carb diets is due to the fact that people eat fewer calories while on them. We stock a large selection of protein shakes that can help you achieve your ideal weight goal.
- Cut back on calories: People who have successfully lost weight report eating fewer snacks of low nutritional quality and eating breakfast regularly. They also report getting fewer calories from fat and more from protein. We stock natural products that may help you control your meal portion size more effectively.
- Look out for food allergies: Chronic food allergy may lead to overeating, obesity, bloating and digestive disorders.
Weight management supplements can come in different forms. Some examples are fibre supplements, chromium, green coffee bean extract, CLA, green tea, diet protein and fat burners.
The products on this page have been selected by the Nutri Centre nutritionists. To find the right choices for you, or if you are on any prescription medication, please give our nutritionists a call on 0207 436 5122.
All content of this website is for information only. Our service is not intended to replace your usual healthcare professional.